- Readers keep bingo cards hanging on their refrigerator for up to 12 weeks! And they look at that card every day to see if they have the lucky number – so your sponsor(s) ad gets face time at least several times a week!
- Bingo cards are 8.5 x 11 sheets printed in full glorious color which gives you a lot of desirable advertising real estate. You can either get 1 sponsor for the entire promotion or sell space to multiple advertisers.
- There is plenty of room to add a coupon or special offer which gives your sponsor a great way to track results and see exactly what kind of bang for the buck they are getting. Everything from restaurants, casinos, malls, and car dealers to insurance companies, retirement homes and surgery centers have sponsored bingo promotions again and again because of the proven effectiveness of advertising on a bingo card.
- The hook for your readers is the chance to play a game and win prizes. Players will keep those bingo cards front and center to check out their progress on a daily basis.
- Players are guaranteed to see your sponsor’s daily ads also because the call numbers will be with their ad. Bingo players will seek out the ad to see the call number of the day.
- Pre-Bingo publicity and the chance to win prizes practically guarantees that your readers will look for the Bingo cards, pull them out of the paper and keep them on the kitchen table or hanging on the refrigerator! You can also give extra bingo cards to sponsors for distribution – because people love to play multiple cards – which will help drive foot traffic –added value for your sponsor.
Newspapers around the country have many success stories about how a bingo promotion has been a huge boost for their advertising department. Read here about how the Press Republican in Plattsburgh, NY was able to retain a very large sponsor with a bingo promotion.
We are constantly amazed at how newspapers modify the bingo promotion to maximize results for their market. The Reading Eagle in Reading, PA sold the sponsorship for the entire promotion to a local mall. When all possible 75 numbers had been called, they asked all the readers with a “winning” card to mail them in for a drawing to be held at the mall. It was an exciting event that was attended by such huge crowds that it presented a new and unusual challenge: how to limit the enthusiastic response!!
There is no end to the ways a bingo promotion can be tweaked for your purpose. We have been around this block more than a few times so let’s talk about how we can work with you to achieve your goals.